RSS Feed

English Persuasive Essay: A Life without a Good Education…

April 8, 2014 by ahaylie109   

A Life without a Good Education…

A job without an education is like a man on drugs: it’s not a great combination what-so-ever. How are you going to know how to flip burgers on a grill at McDonalds? Furthering your education after high school is very important if you want to live a good life while providing for your family. Getting a high paying job is also important. Continuing your education after high school is important because you need to get a good job, know how to survive on your own without the help of your parents, and be knowledgeable about life while knowing what to do/what not to do.

First of all, how in the world do you think, with the way our democrats are running this country, you’re going to survive with an eighth grade dropout diploma? Sorry to break your heart honey, but you’re not. Going to college or trade school and taking those extra few years of learning is not going to kill you, it’s going to help you. Now-a-days, managers are looking for people with a full education to work for them, particularly the good jobs. Plus once you get a good job, you will get good money, and once you have good money, you can make it rain and provide for your family.

Second of all, let’s be real. We all know you do not want to live your life when your 45 years old in your parents basement. Like, seriamente, (Seriously) who would want to do that? Your parents can’t hold your hand when you get in trouble or you get fired. You’re not a little kid anymore. You’re a big boy/girl! You need to know how to provide for yourself and college can do that, specifically if you’re living in a dorm room without your parents. I’m sure you will learn the skills of saving money, buying food, shopping, many of the little things your parents used to do for you. Everybody needs to be able to teach their kids right from wrong; I mean I don’t think you want them to grow up being drug addicts or alcoholics. I believe college is where most drug related incidents happen, but if you know how to say no, they will too!

Lastly, it is very important to be knowledgeable about life and your surroundings. As a wise man named Phil Robertson once said, “Ain’t no yuppies gonna survive in this world today. You need to know how to live off the land and be a real man.” I literally live my life off of that quote, I AM NOT A YUPPIE and I’m proud to say that! Even though I’m only so many years old, I know a lot about life already, most of which, I learned from Duck Dynasty! So, say you’re walking back to your dorm at your campus and this criminal comes up to you and starts attacking you. I know how I would fight him, but do you? If it’s a guy, that’s easy. Get to the southern hemisphere, or get to his adams apple. One of the two will work! You can actually take classes to learn those skills! Fortunately, I have my daddy to teach me!

In conclusion, furthering your education after high school is very important, you need to live your life independently and I think college can do that. Learning to live your life without the help of your parents is also important. Lastly, being a real man is another reason. So what I’m saying is that continuing your education after high school is the key to life because you need to get a good job, know how to survive on your own without your parents, and finally to be knowledgeable about life, like what to do/not what to do. BE A REAL MAN! -Phil Robertson

»